Is your garage door not working as efficiently as it used to? How can you easily determine when it’s appropriate to have the garage door repaired or, instead, consider replacing the door entirely? To know whether your home’s garage door is only in need of repairs, note:
- Vibrating or Noises: This is often a sign of worn rollers, loose parts or hardware or a damaged garage door opener. These symptoms could be as simple as blocked sensors or debris buildup.
- Slow Operation or Stops Responding: Typically, your garage door should respond to commands within two seconds and operate without delay.
- Off-Tracks: If the door is off its tracks, it will appear stuck or lopsided. This is often caused by older doors and indicates the door is damaged.
- Sagging and Off-Balance: See if there are sags or gaps under the door. This usually is the result of a lack of routine garage door maintenance. To check if the door is off-balance and sagging, a professional will disengage the door from the opener and lift the door halfway. If the door closes or continues opening, it is off-balance.
If you notice any of these signs, call one of the professionals at Jarusewski’s Garage Door Service. We have 30 years of experience repairing and maintaining garage doors for residents located in Carlisle, PA, and the surrounding areas.
When Should I Replace My Garage Door?
There are several positive reasons to consider replacing your garage door, including added curb appeal, style upgrades and functionality. Typically, with proper maintenance, garage doors need to be replaced every 10 to 20 years. But if you’re on the fence about whether it’s time to replace your garage door, consider:
- Aluminum doors that have noticeable dents and dings
- Wood garage doors are cracked, have peeling paint, holes or warping and damage
- Door is old and sagging
- Shakes or is noisy during normal operations
- Difficult to open and close or is slow to respond
- Broken or rusted parts that require frequent repairs
Benefits of Upgrading a Garage Door
Replacing your garage door can improve its overall efficiency, making your daily life much easier, and modernize the look of your home to stand out amongst your neighbors. Garage door replacements also offer one of the highest home improvement returns on investment — with most averaging at least 85% or more. For many homeowners, this added upgrade can also improve your home’s resale value.
Also, new garage doors and openers can improve your home’s security. With old doors, they may not lock as securely or the motors wear, allowing burglars to easily lift the door from the bottom, or allow them to copy your garage door opener’s frequency to their own remotes. With new opener technology that can change the frequency with each opening, burglars can’t gain access. Many also feature smart home connectivity so you can monitor activity from any smart device.
For Garage Door Repairs or Replacement, Call Jarusewski’s Garage Door Service
If you’re a resident of Carlisle, PA, or the surrounding region, call the experts at Jarusewski’s Garage Door Service for all of your garage door needs. Our trained professionals can easily perform repairs or routine maintenance to prolong the lifespan of your system, or expertly install the latest fashionable Clopay® doors and modern LiftMaster garage door openers. Call us today at (717) 243-0712 to learn more or fill out our online contact form to receive a free estimate.